SRAM RED® eTap® HRD Shift-Brake Control
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
Without wires or cables, we were able to design a simpler way to shift. Now, the intuitive simplicity of SRAM RED® eTap® is available with the added performance of hydraulic road disc brakes (HRD). The SRAM RED® eTap® HRD shift-brake control offers the world’s first wireless drivetrain with our most advanced HRD platform yet, HydroHC™. Simpler shifting, better braking—all in the name of true advancement.
- New HydroHC™ brake platform offers more control than any other road brake on the market
- Compatible only with SRAM RED® eTap® derailleurs
- SRAM Road 11-speed crankset, chain, and cassette compatible
- Post and flat mount caliper options
- Improved ergonomics including a smaller diameter hood for more finger wrap
- Contact Point Adjustment™ lets you custom tune when your brakes engage—a first for HRD
- An independent Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your brake lever position for maximum one-finger control
- Bleeding Edge™ technology for quick, hassle-free bleeds
- Class-leading heat management technologies—heat shield, insulated aluminum pistons, and a wider pad pocket—help HydroHC™ improve on HydroR™’s already impressive heat management capabilities.
- Responsive lever feel for better control, featuring a light lever stroke with distinct contact point and snappy return
- SRAM eTap® shift logic for intuitive and reliable shifting
- Wireless connection via AIREA™ network for fast and clean installation
Look for SRAM RED eTap HRD at retail beginning in June 2017, with more widespread availability in July.
Please see our Product Authentication Warning
Some variations of this product featured on this page are not available for purchase and are installed on bicycles as original equipment only. See your dealer for details.Find a Dealer
Specifications for SRAM RED® eTap® HRD Shift-Brake Control
|Compatibility||SRAM RED® eTap®|
|Recommended Group||SRAM RED® eTap®|
|Technology Highlight(s)||eTap, AIREA, ReachAdjust, Contact Point Adjustment, Bleeding Edge, Stealth-a-majig|
|Material||Brake lever is carbon, shift lever is plastic|
Utilizing 128-bit encryption, eTap® shift signals are transmitted and received in accordance with SRAM’s proprietary wireless protocol known as AIREA. Each time an eTap groupset is paired, a new encryption code is generated and assigned to the components in this group to ensure complete shifting security.
- Bleeding Edge
Bleeding Edge™ technology makes bleeding brakes quick and simple. An updated fluid path and bleed porting make it easier to push fluid through the caliper. A dedicated bleed adapter plugs into the bleed port and seals the system to minimize air contamination and fluid loss.
- Contact Point Adjustment™
Some people like the instantaneous power of a short lever throw. Others prefer the feel of a longer throw. With Contact Point Adjust, you can pick the position you want your fingers to be in when your brakes are engaged. It’s a quick and easy way to customize the feel of your brakes without having to move the pads. It’s also a way to balance both brake levers to feel exactly the same.
All of the underlying tech in our new SRAM RED® eTap groupset such as wireless shifting, advanced battery power management and mechatronics technologies are all meant to serve one ultimate purpose, to facilitate the most intuitive and consistent shifting available. This shift logic is called eTap. Right lever makes it harder, left lever makes it easier, both levers shift the front derailleur. Simple, unmistakable, and intuitive.
- Reach Adjust
Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
Stealth-a-majig™ is the coupling that makes initial setup of hydraulic systems fast and convenient. Its smaller size allows for easier internal cable routing, giving bikes a clean look.